31 Oct 2009

At the wake of the typhoon(?)

Good morning!

The sun is up and the weather is chilly. As of today, news reports say that the typhoon has been spotted in the sea - which is a good sign, since weather will be clearing up in a few hours time. It's October 31 and frankly, I really don't feel going to the cemetery later on because of the weather conditions (windy and rainy - perfect sleeping conditions).

Last nights winds were really gusting. I can feel the neighbor's GI roof peel again and again. It was actually scary to hear metal crumple like that against the force of the wind. While I was scared because of the neighbor's near-delinquent roof, I was downstairs watching a movie, yes a movie - in the middle of a signal no.3 that hit the Metro. I was half focused while watching because there are a lot of things running through my mind and the movie was just a way to mask all my worries.I really had a lot to worry about, first, the kitchen might overflow again(which happened 3 storms ago) next, I had to raise all the kitchen appliances because of fear of the rising water, and lastly, I kept thinking of what will the character do next in the movie.(I told you, I was only half focused) Well, the last one wasn't really that of a worry, it was more of a curiosity I guess.

So I slept around 2am after finishing the movie, arranging all the appliances' plugs, and after a few things to attend to. :) Before going to sleep I read Yeat's Poem, "when you are old" just to have my daily dose of poetry and as a promise to someone. I said I'll read it so I did. There, promise kept (haha! I know you'll be laughing when you read this). Anyway again, I slept at around 2am and the weather was banging hard on our house and on the neighbor's GI roof. (GI means galvanized Iron, Yero in Filipino) It was really noisy and scary but what the heck, the cold bed and the warm cushion plus the pillows really made all the difference between keeping awake because of the noise and dozing off.

My brother woke me up a while ago with his feet banging the wooden floor, and still, the neighbor's roof crumpling with the wind. I want to scream at them and tell them, "get a new roof! Istorbo! Sarap-sarap matulog magiingay yang bubong nyo!" well, that was me screaming at them in my mind. Sorry I really hate their roof, it creates so much when winds are gusting and it's scary to say the least.

Well, I'll try to get some sleep again... and hopefully the GI roof of out neighbor would stay low. Or else.

au revoir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home