3 Nov 2009

lessons.

I had a very interesting day today. As the song Five candles plays in the background, I look back on the things that happened in this day only to realize that this day was not one of those "just-gonna-pass-by" types of days. A lot of things happened today and it seemed safe to say that I learned a lot - whether essential or otherwise. :) so as the chorus of the song now runs through my head, I guess it is proper to just state what happened today.

"You were there when I needed you. You were there when the skies broke wide wide open"

When I woke up today, it seemed that it will be just one of those registration days filled with nothing but fatigue and the usual bother of lining up for hours. (note: I only went to UP today to get my form5a and hopefully to get advised because I believed that I was on probation - meaning my grade in econ was lower than 2.5 :-s) So when I got to UP this morning, there was really no excitement in me being there. I thought that I would just go straight to the office for advising (note again: In UPSE, there are no advisers for regular and non-delinquent students. There is no pre-advising and advising sessions, instead students put "self-advised" in thier form5s). I don't know what got into me but I just decided to check the masterlist just to make things official to me. 'Til that point, I am still certain that I would not be in that master list. To my surprise, MY NAME WAS THERE. Good Event #1!

I met up with a friend, Cholo to check things with regard to his enrollment - subjects, schedules ETC. He was also surprised to find out that I was not on probation since I got a low grade in econ 131 the previous sem. (okay...not fun) So I accompanied him in his line to get his form5a since the lines for the juniors and the freshmen were on the other side of the building and the line was practically nonexistent due to the small number of juniors and freshmen. After lining up, we contacted our friend, Angelo who was in the other end of the world trying to get his grades in Trinity. Anyways, we all decided to meet in trinoma to watch something fun - 500 days of Summer. Good Event #2!

I already watched 500 days of summer at home and I would really want to watch it at the cinemas so I was excited to watch it. I guess I really can relate to that movie. The plot, which aimed to deconstruct, or strengthen further (well I leave the deciding to you) the concept of "fate" really touched my heart based on personal experiences. Plus, the story really had a good twist to it. It's like it was based on a true story, not the typical "this-would-only-happen-in-the-movies" scenario. The movie felt, well, I don't know...real. The humor within the movie can appeal to anyone and it delivers a deep message that would only be appreciated when you understand the situation the characters are in. I'll leave a line in the movie later in this blogpost for everyone to appreciate.

After the rendezvous at the mall. We decided first to check the movie schedules and then all the usual stuff. A weird and funny thing happened to us near the Jack's Loft store outside. For a weird reason, we somehow came upon a couple making out in daylight at the corner of a mall. Okay, I know PDA but what they did was hilarious. They were apparently hiding behind a column or a pillar and if it hadnt for Angelo going to the direction of the Pillar, we wouldn't have noticed them doing anything. When the two people emerged from the column, we can't help but laugh and we kinda felt sorry for the two. I guess somehow, we ruined their moment of "PRIVACY". It was really surprising how they could fit themselves behind the pillar with a space big enough for only one person. Oh well, pag init ka nga naman. GO GET A ROOM OKAY?

Next up, some gay dude suddenly barged into our conversation when it hit the topics of gay guys. I guess the poor dude was apparently affected when we stumbled upon that topic. But who is he anyway to barge in right? We were talking and the topic was not really about gays we just stumbled upon an example who was apparently gay. oh well, we just laughed at the situation but that was really weird and bothering.

So after stating what happened, I learned a few things...(to my surprise)

1.) STUDY STUDY STUDY. You cannot afford to give yourself unnecessary stress come enrollment time especially with your majors subjects, even more so if it meant your staying with your college.

2.) EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED. Sometimes, your worries aren't really worry-worthy after all. You are better off trying to accept whatever will come your way. As a movie stated, there is no such this as fate - everything is coincidence and its up to us to make do with whatever coincidence will come our way

3.) NEVER EVER HIDE BEHIND A PILLAR IN A PUBLIC PLACE. Come on. There has to be a better place than hiding behind a pillar doing things that should be done in private. Please please, not in broad daylight. GET A ROOM

4.) NEVER BARGE INTO ANYONE's CONVERSATION. This is self-explanatory. Don't be rude. It really reflects your personality. Plus, if you're only trying to attract attention, go jump off a building for crying out loud. Pft.

5.) LONELINESS IS UNDERRATED. Nah, i didn't learn this by myself, it was stated in the movie. well, it made sense actually. You really can't understand loneliness unless you've experienced it...

so there...

au revoir!


"I love how she makes me feel. Like anything is possible. Like...I don't know...Like LIFE IS WORTH IT."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home