5 Jan 2010

Le premier!

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery



(disclaimer) As promised, the first post of this year would be a long one.

It's the start of a new decade and frequently I have been noticing a lot of people posting things like their new-year's resolutions in their facebook pages or whatever. I've come to ask myself, at the end of the year, do people even look back on the resolutions they have made at the start of the year? If you would ask me, since I can remember, I could not remember any one year that I made a resolution and stuck through til the end. Now that I'm on that thought, sometimes, I did not even need a resolution to change or resolve some part of me, things just, well, did what they have to do and went its own course...naturally.

That's what I think people must do, let things go its own course. Subconsciously, we would fix ourselves of the things we deem that we need to fix. Like a river, we would try our best to wash out anything within us and just flow freely. Resolutions maybe are just an excuse that people make to give themselves a better start for the year, though more often than not, those are promises just sworn to the wind and never realized.

You may ask why I've put a quote above before the post actually began. The quote I posted above has a little story in it. It amazed me when I realized it, but hey, life works to help you bit by bit in ways you can't even predict.

It all began about a few days ago before classes even started. I went with my relatives to MOA partly because I need to go somewhere other than our house and partly because they need a tour guide there. Since I was the only one who had the time then to accompany them to MOA, I went along. When we got there, I they just asked me questions how to get to this and that place so I just pointed the directions to those places they need to go. I then asked permission for me to go around and explore the place a bit. There is a thing in me that goes around the mall looking for things which I think I need to buy soon, so I make it a habit to check out certain stores and update myself of the prices of the things that I would save for. So you may now have an idea that I got the quote from a bookstore, well, nope. By the time I got tired of walking around, I went looking for a place to sit and well tie my shoe laces as well. I found such a place and thats where I found the quote accidentally. I sat down and as I tied my shoe laces I noticed a piece of blank stationary with the quote inscribed on it. It was just there. As far as I remembered, there were no people beside me as I tied my shoe laces and there were no people prior to my activity there. It was just there maybe left by a kid or someone who accidentally peeled it off. Anyway, I read the paper from the floor and just logged the quote in my phone and once I got home i typed it in the net to search for its author and voila, the little prince's author popped out.. (I have a habit of doing such things when I find something interesting)

You may now wonder why this is interesting right? Well, if you guess that I'm in love or anything, you are totally on the wrong side of the road my friend. That quote got my attention because it came at a time when I was trying to look for reasons...reasons why things happen the way they are, why things flow like that. Love for me is one mystery that, no matter how many quotes or how many poems I read, or no matter how many songs about love I listened to, stories about past/present/future love from friends that have been shared to me, I won't understand fully. It is what makes it all the more interesting, all the more worth it.

For some, the experience of love has been tiring, sad, happy, or a mixture of emotions but everyone admitted that love is one thing they won't forget. well for me, love is just the thing people are searching for even if deep inside they are full of it, waiting to give it to someone else. It's something to be given, kept, and treasured.

As George Sand stated:

Il n'y a qu'un bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'ĂȘtre aimĂ©.
(There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.)


As the new year starts, be it that we have a resolution or not, let's just keep in mind that love, though sometimes painful, is one thing that would make our year right. :)

P.S. I really can't tell why I wrote about love on the very first post this year. I guess life just wanted this to happen. and I just surrender myself to the flow of it like a river flowing to the vast openness of the sea. never looking back, never slowing down, just taking its course, wanting to be freed from all restrictions.

Au revoir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home